Minutes for USAFA Gold Class Spirit Association
Call to Order
A regular meeting of USAFA Gold Class Spirit Association was held on August 23, 2020 via conference call. It began at 7:00 pm EST/4:00 pm PST and was presided by Teri Williams as Co-President and Julie Konkol, Secretary.
Voting members in attendance included:
- Teri Williams
- Jean Anderson
- Julie Konkol
- Alice Patton
- Dan Cabo
- Natalie Dennis
- Susan Chan-Peter
- Stacey Prater
- Treasurer’s Report:
175 families donated to date
$39,508.09 2019-2020 Contributions
$184.00 2020-2021 Contributions
Account Balance: $22,584.62
- Dan file the State of Colorado taxes July 28th. Cost: $20 for the Secretary of State and $35 for the Registered Agent.
- Teri will get an invoice to Dan for Woo-Hoo Mail Chimp.
- Teri will get an updated class roster.
- Everyone approves of removing the installment option for the Co-Pilot level of donors, since four installments puts us into 2024.
- Natalie will monitor the PayPal account.
- Exemplar coin status:
- Cost: $6891.00 (paid in full)
- Production on mold is started
- One final tweak August 21st on the mold.
- A couple of weeks after mold is complete for delivery of 1300 coins.
- We have the Domain paid for two years; the actual website for one year. We had to pay $419/5 years to GoDaddy.com.
- Susan will investigate transferring the website to operate under the AOG as it may save money. Teri will check to see if a potential refund from GoDaddy.com may be in order. Any change is contingent upon the domain name staying the same.
- Website is restored after a temporary outage.
- Dan will send an updated Donor List to Susan for the website.
- We need to update the Recognition Page with a picture of the coin and narrative. Perhaps get pictures from WebGuy for the presentation to the various Squadrons. Stacey will work on getting a good picture of the coin.
- Squadron 9 presented the 2022 Commitment coin rather than the 2023 Recognition coin. Teri will verify it was only Squadron 9.
- Natalie, as Fundraising Chair, will use information from the Recognition page narrative to craft a solicitation email to parents. It will clarify that we have enough money for the rest of the coins and that future donations will be in support of various class needs (i.e. $2023 donation each year for the Rando Fund for Cadet Emergencies).
- Jean, as liaison with the AOG, will figure out how to transfer the Rando funds to the AOG and Dan will cut the check for 2019-2020 AND 2020-2021.
- Alice alerted the Board of a cadet who has left the Academy and wants to return someday. This cadet would like a Recognition coin. Alice will get the address to Stacey to send it to him.
The next meeting of the USAFA Gold Class Spirit Association will be September 20, 2020, 7:00pm EST.
Julie Konkol September 20, 2020
Secretary, USAFA Gold Class Spirit Association Date of Approval