Minutes for USAFA Gold Class Spirit Association
Call to Order
A regular meeting of USAFA Gold Class Spirit Association was held on February 23, 2020 via conference call. It began at 7:00 pm EST/4:00 pm PST and was presided by Katie Silvis, Co-President, with Julie Konkol as Secretary.
Voting members in attendance included:
- Katie Silvis
- Jean Anderson
- Alice Patton
- Tiffani Wills
- Dan Cabo
- Julie Konkol
- Michelle Kay
- Stacy Prater
Members not in attendance included:
- Teri Williams
- Chuck Ahner
- Stacey Pohl
- Natalie Dennis
Non-Members in attendance
- Mindy Stearns
Approval of Minutes
Minutes for the January 19, 2019 meeting was approved.
- Treasurer’s Report:
161 families donated to date
Amount Collected: $36,662.00
Account Balance: $27,098.00
- A $975 donation was made to the Cadets for the 100 Days party. The vote for this was unanimous.
- Teri will supply the names of donors who have paid by check
- There is a Co-Pilot level family whose name is not on the roster we received. Teri will confirm if they have left USAFA or if their name was simply left off the list. If they did leave, we will vote via email whether to offer a refund of the donation.
- Donors will have the option to designate how they want their name on the Website.
- The policy to limit Donations was discussed. No Changes will be made to the policy. Once we meet our yearly threshold of $45,000 (to avoid having to file complicated taxes), donations will be turned off with the message “We have reached our goal for the first year, we will be accepting donations starting July 1, 2020.”
- If people ask how to donate, Michelle and Tiffani will direct them to the Donations page.
- Katie will reach out to Joann Lemm to clarify what the various fundraisers of different groups are for; so we can be clear and clarify our purpose.
- Coin Distribution – Stacey Prater
- 1101 cadet, 121 Squadron leaders, 12 extra coins are boxed up and ready to go
- 3 extra coins/group are included just in case
- Stacey will figure out who/where/when to deliver… and deliver the coins
- Communications for Coin
- Mindy Stearns shared that not all parents are getting our message.
- Teri will pin each post to the top of the Parents Page leading up to the Big Reveal; we will call it the “Coin Tracker”
- Meeting with 2023 Class President Usama Bamieh
- Teri and Jean met with him
- Exemplar is still in approval process
- They want to have a say in designing the next three coins; even possibly doing the whole coin process from start to finish with the Spirit Committee just raising the money for it.
- Vote: Unanimous that Cadets have input into what is on the Exemplar Coin.
- Alice, Teri, Katie, Jean will meet to discuss the details of implementing Cadet input
- Timeline for Next Coins:
- Exemplar to be known at Recognition
- Mid-April design vote
- April/May production
- June delivery
- Aug/Sept/Oct Exemplar Dinner presentation
- Commitment: Spring 2021 production with an August 2021 presentation
- Board Elections
- The bylaws require, we have a Nominating Committee by April with new elections by May.
- We will discuss details at the next meeting.
- The next meeting will cover and update on the coins, our next phase as a committee, and discussing the process for voting for a new Board.
The next meeting of the USAFA Gold Class Spirit Association will be in March 19, 2020, 7:00 pm EST.
Julie Konkol March 19, 2020
Secretary, USAFA Gold Class Spirit Association Date of Approval