Minutes for USAFA Gold Class Spirit Association
Call to Order
A regular meeting of USAFA Gold Class Spirit Association was held on July 26, 2020 via conference call. It began at 7:00 pm EST/4:00 pm PST and was presided by Teri Williams as Co-President and Julie Konkol, Secretary.
Voting members in attendance included:
- Teri Williams
- Jean Anderson
- Julie Konkol
- Alice Patton
- Dan Cabo
- Natalie Dennis
- Susan Chan-Peter
Approval of Minutes
- Treasurer’s Report:
174 families donated to date
$39,508.09 2019-2020 Contributions
$39.00 2020-2021 Contributions
Account Balance: $39,547.09 Total
- 990-N filed on July 4, 2020. It was accepted by the IRS.
- The Colorado return must be filed by October, 2020.
- Co-Pilots: The date they made the original contribution is the date the second installment will happen.
- Susan will craft a fundraising email to solicit for this year’s contributions, with a thank you for those who have already contributed.
- Susan to get access for email chain from Teri.
- Mail Chimp needs email consolidation and clean up. Susan will work with Teri. Cleaning it up may reduce the monthly fee to zero. Teri will get the latest enrollment numbers.
- Board Election is complete
- Exemplar dinner is up in the air. Covid has disrupted the timeline.
- Coin design is not USAFA approved, yet.
- Teri will verify “2023 Thor” is what the cadets will use for their cheer.
- The Board voted for the quote “Freedom is the Flip Side of Responsibility” for the coin.
- We still do not have a date for Recognition.
- Dan has a current Donor list. He will send to Susan to update the web page appropriately.
- The WebForm has one name listed. Susan will investigate adding a field on the form to as “How do you want your name listed on the Donor Page?”
- 2024 Spirit Committee has not reached out to us. Jean will reach out to Joann Lemm to get contact to reach out them to assist in any way we can.
The next meeting of the USAFA Gold Class Spirit Association will be August 23, 2020, 7:00pm EST.
Julie Konkol August 23, 2020
Secretary, USAFA Gold Class Spirit Association Date of Approval